The parishes of the Presbyterian Church of Mauritius are actively preparing to welcome you very soon for worship services under the required sanitary conditions.
The general precautionary measures applicable to parishes are as follows:
• The church is cleaned with disinfection of benches and liturgical furniture before each worship
• Provision of hydro-alcoholic gel at church’s entrance.
• Temperature measurement at church’s entrance.
• Wearing of mask is mandatory mask for those attending worship.
• Compliance with physical distancing in benches and chairs with one person per 4m2, i.e. a minimum of one meter between each person in the church.
• If necessary, chairs can be placed in the church yard while complying with the rule of one person per 4m2.
• Due to physical distancing, it is reminded that the attendees should not exchange handshakes or kisses at church gatherings.
• Bibles and other booklets will not be distributed for now. Parishioners are invited to bring their own even if a PowerPoint will be presented during the service.
• Some people will welcome attendees to guide them and make them follow the precautionary measures.
• These measures will be applicable for all liturgical celebrations until further notice.
Note that other particular measures may be applicable depending on the specificities of each parish. These will be communicated to you by the parish if necessary.
The dates of resumption of worship services are:
• St Joseph - Sunday 07th June
• St André - Sunday 14th June
• St Jean - Sunday 14th June
• St Pierre - Sunday 14th June
• Malagasy chaplaincy - Sunday 14th June (in Port-Louis)
• St Columba - Later date (to be communicated)
Please contact parish pastors for further information if need be.
“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!”
Psalm 133: 1